The list of documents required for application to our programs is as follows:
- Scanned copy of high school diploma, school certificates, academic transcripts and detailed course descriptions of previous studies. (All documents must be officially translated into English if necessary.)
- Proof of English language proficiency in case of applicants from countries where the official/native language is not English (optional)
- Copy of passport
- Short CV
- Medical certificate of general health status
- Application fee of 150 USD (non-refundable)
- Examination/Entrance fee of 350 USD (non-refundable)
You have to submit these documents through our online application platform here.
Please note that we cannot deal with incomplete applications – if any of the above-listed documents are missing we cannot proceed with your admission.
Students just about to complete their studies are required to send in a transcript and present their final diplomas at the entrance examination or send it to the Coordinating Center for International Education as soon as they receive it.
Please note that all requests for subject exemptions must be declared at the time of the application (the declaration is included in the application form). Students must submit all available university transcripts and course descriptions along with other application documents; they will not be allowed to request exemptions later on.NOTE: Documents should be sent in a scanned version but later on the University will require the original ones, which should be presented at the oral entrance examination or during registration at the University, at the latest.For transfer students
Detailed transcript and descriptions of courses, on the basis of which the admission committee may decide what level the student may be admitted to.Special requirements for applications to the non-medical programs of the University of Debrecen
- Detailed CV
- Bachelor degree
- Detailed transcript and descriptions of courses taken during undergraduate studies
- Detailed CV
- Master Degree
- Detailed transcript of courses taken during graduate studies
- 2 recommendation letters from former professors
- Proposal for a research topic chosen from those offered by the doctoral school, or a new topic with a detailed description
If the applicant meets the entry requirements, the University will inform him/her about all necessary steps in due time.
- for September intake:
- Medical, health science and non-medical PhD programs: 31st May
- other non-medical programs: 15th June
- for January/February intake:
- non-medical PhD programs: 31st October
- medical programs (BMCII): 30th November
- other non-medical programs: 15th November
- For the Summer English Language Course: 30th April