Residence Permit Info



Dear Student,

The Main Office on Sámsoni Street branch is open, but due to the new regulation which will be in effect from 1st January 2023 you can start the extension procedure only through the Enter Hungary online system.

We would like to guide you through the online renewal process. Immigration Office also has a User’s Manual about the system, you can find on the following link but we focused on the Residence Permit Card renewing process.

We collected most of the important informations about the Enter Hungary system, so please follow our instructions carefully:

Please visit the Enter Hungary website:

On the Enter Hungary website please be sure, that during your application you are visiting a secured website, which always starts with https://



  1. At the bottom of the page you need to make a registration as a private person. You should create your own user account (in case you did not do it before) on the link that you find on the website.
  2. During the registration:
  • Please choose  „I act as a private individual, in my own case”
  • Give your Surname and first name(s) exactly the same way as they are written in your passport
  • E-mail address - you should choose carefully, because later on you will receive the decisions, instructions on it, so do not give an e-mail address, which you cannot use in a different country
  • phone number has to be valid, the date of birth has to be in the YYYY-MM-DD format.


  1. After clicking on the Registration button, the website will redirect you into the Sign in page with the message of „Registration was successful. We have sent your password by e-mail.”.
  2. You will receive an e-mail on your address with the following text: „A password reset was requested using your email address. You can change your password at the following link.”

Then you should click on the link and create your own password.

  1. Then you will be able to sign in to the Enter Hungary online platform with your user details.



  1. After your first log-in, your online surface will be empty, you should click on the green button of „new application”. In case you will have got a pending case which you started online, you will find here later on.
  2. You reach the application website, where you should fill out carefully all of the required fields. We would like to forward the most important comments of the Immigration Office, which you have to follow during the data uploading:
  • the required attachments have to be in good quality, readable and in color (NOT Black and White)
  • when you upload a document, choose the relevant category of the document, you will find many options. In case that you cannot find the relevant type, choose the Other type/other document
  • you should upload your PASSPORT’s relevant pages, which shows your details
  • you should upload your RESIDENCE PERMIT CARD both pages (front and back) in case you cannot scan in one document, you should upload in two separate documents
  • if you are not sure that you should upload the document for the renewing, just in case upload it also
  • During your application you have to print out the Application for Residence Permit document (5pages) and APPENDIX 13 document (3 pages) (updated on 17th January 2023), fill it out, stick your facial photo (not a selfie!!! it should be an official ID photo like in your passport) on the required box, and your signature must be inside the box in its entirety. When you scan the pages, it has to be in color and all of the pages (altogether the application form ad appendix) and the first page of the scanned document should be the same page, where your signature and photo appear. You need to upload all the pages, not only the front page.

  • Appendix A: only for particulars of the applicant's minor child travelling with the applicant

  • You need to sign not only on the first page, two more signatures are required on the 5th page, after the parts which start with:
    • I hereby declare…
    • I hereby undertake…
  • Student status certificate (You may request the required student status certificate for the residence permit extension from your usual University Administrator online)
  • In case you are a scholarship holder, during your application you should upload your Letter of Award as well
  • Accommodation reporting form - in case you changed your flat or dormitory (in effect from 1st January 2023, officially available in Hungarian only, please check our TUTORIAL how to fill)
  • At one point the surface will ask that you should pay or not for the renewal, you should choose the option YES (in case of scholarship holders it is not required, they should choose NO)
  • The processing fee you can transfer through their secured website on a certain step of the application
  • Important, where the website asks, how you would like to collect your residence permit card, the website will offer two options, but choose the Post, because the Office option is not available
  • Important, when the website will ask until what time you would like to extend your residence permit, you should choose the earliest date which appears in one of the following documents (Passport: expiry date; Student Status Certificate: estimated finishing time). After the submission date the requested period can be maximum 2 years.
  • In case you do not submit in time (at least 30 days before the expiry date of your card), you need to upload an explanation letter as well in the Other documents’ category.
  • After that you submit every information and document properly, you will receive a confirmation that you uploaded your application successfully.
  • After the submission you should check frequently the Enter Hungary online platform, in case the Immigration Office changes the status of your case, or you need to submit any missing documents. In case you should upload some more documents, you can do it on the online surface as well.
  • In case the Immigration Office requires further or missing documents, it is NOT enough to upload only, you need to attach them to your request.
  • All of the uploaded documents should have different names and should be uploaded separately.
  • In case you plan to attend at the Immigration Office in person, you need to upload your documents minimum 2-3 days before your visit.
  • In case you receive the message that you should visit their Office for the fingerprinting and photo taking, within 15 days you should book an appointment. In case you cannot find a free appointment within 15 days, you should book the earliest available option.

During the personal visit you have to present all of the original documents, which you uploaded during your application (application form and appendix,  your passport, your current residence permit, accommodation reporting form and other relevant uploaded documents).

In case the booked appointment will be later than your current residence permit expiry date, you should contact with the Immigration Office via their Call Center!

The Immigration Office will inform you about the further details on the spot, how you will get your new residence permit card.


Best regards,

Coordinating Center for International Education
University of Debrecen, Hungary