Admission Requirements – Medical and Health Science Programs
Exam/interview dates and venues for the Academic Year of 2018/2019!
An entrance examination is compulsory for students applying to the following programs:
The exam consists of two parts:
- a written test (comprised of multiple-choice questions, definitions, calculations, etc.) in:
- Chemistry/Physics: if the student’s chosen subject is Chemistry, essentially the test will contain questions from Chemistry, and he/she will have to answer only a few basic level Physics questions, and vice versa (each test takes 30 minutes)
- an oral exam in Biology and Physics/Chemistry
An entrance interview is compulsory in case of the following programs:
- BSc in Physiotherapy
- BSc in Public Health
- MSc in Public Health
- MSc in Molecular Biology
- MSc in Complex Rehabilitation
- MSc in Health Social Work
- Transfer students
As part of the oral interview the committee tests the English communicational skills and the motivation of the applicant.
The language of the entrance examination and interview is English.
Admission Requirements – Non-medical Programs
For the non-medical programs of the University of Debrecen, the entrance exam is English and professional subjects dependent on the candidate's program.
In exceptional cases, applicants with outstanding grades of previous studies may be accepted for the first year directly. Students, whose examination results or grades of previous studies are not good enough to start the first year directly, may be admitted to the Foundation Programs.
Applicants with a University Degree
In case of applicants with a Bachelor/Master degree, the University examines the possibility of admission with full or partial exemption from the entrance examination on the basis of the certificates and/or other documents submitted. In such cases, an obligatory interview is still conducted prior to registration.